Cary Circle Club
Club Booklets for the Wellington, Kansas Community Club, Cary Circle
According to the December 14th, 1919 Wichita Eagle, the Cary Circle Club was organized in 1895 with the object of promoting an interest in educational, social and civic welfare, and during its existence this organization has fulfilled its object well, indeed. Meetings are held on alternate Tuesdays from October until May and aside from the regular programs the women have, in the past years assisted in furnishing the restroom and library in the City building – they have furnished a room in St. Luke’s hospital, and have paid into the new library a fund for binding magazines. It was through the efforts and financial aid of Cary Circle that Community Park was started, and this group of women also supports a French war orphan.
Cary Circle has 30 members and is a member of the state federation of clubs, and among its members are Mrs. H. C. Plumb, last president of the 8th district federation: Mrs. Sam Stayton, member of the board of education of city schools; Mrs. Ed Hackney, member of the library board and chairman of the book committee, Mrs. Fred Sellers, City Park commissioner.
Mrs. Frank A. Brooke has been president of Cary Circle during the past two years.
- Community Club Booklets
- Cary Circle Club